Thread: Tutelo Lessons are now found Here

Tutelo Lessons are now found Here

Our Tutelo language workshop can now be found here:

http://saponitown.com/tutelo/

Currently, these lessons are just vocabulary words that you can listen to. It'll take a while to get to sentences. Questions and feedback are welcome.

For those of you interested in Tutelo-Saponi language, there's currently about 250 posts on the Tutelo language site, including an explanation of the pronunciation and alphabet I use at Saponitown. Most posts are soundfiles, so you can hear a best guess of how the words would have sounded.

More posts are planned for the future.

Born and raised in Mecklenburg Co., VA but now reside in Northern, VA

This is Great!!

I know I am late with this response, but this is awesome. I am trying to learn on my own. With the help of the recording, I have learned how to count to 9; say "God"; say "water"; and say "thanks" among other things.

However, the link to the recordings are not available. Is there another link?

Thanks Linda and everyone else for starting this opportunity to learn our native tongue.
    God's Child----Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

I can't access the link . . . I'l love to learn Tutelo as well!

I can't seem to access the link - how do I get on? It says its no longer available. Am I too late?
    Maternal: Buford (VA/OK), Edgenton/Edgington/Edgerton (NC/VA), Gross (NC/VA), Logan (NC), Hancock (NC), Emery (VA); Laughter (NC).
    Paternal: Greene, Singleton, Cherry, Haskins (all Collinsville, IL)