Thread: Monacan Nation

Thumbs up Monacan Nation

Greeting , Eastern Siouan Nation I am and enrolled member of the Monacan Nation ,
    we are in the process of Federal Reconition , we won in the House , now we are waiting for the senate Bill s1178 to pass this is for 6 of the Virgina tribes please contact the Virginia Reps. to push this Bill through the senate s1178 we have been waiting 400 years
    thank you for your support. Thunder Hawk

Jogdelog Thunderhawk, thank you for your post.

I've been watching the fed rec attempts by the 6 Va tribes for years, and I pray this is the year yall succeed. The Lumbee and Hawaiians also have a bill ready to go through the senate, and the president has said he will sign these 3 bills if they pass. The Hawaiians have the votes to succeed, all they need is the time to bring the bill to the floor. I'm related to all 3 peoples, so I would be thrilled to see them recognized (I'm not eligible to enroll with Va tribes or Lumbee, but probably Hawaiian).

My senators don't represent any of these native nations, so I'm considering writing to the president himself to encourage him to push the senate to bring these bills up for a vote before they expire.
    VA- Akin, Ballard, Berry, Branch, Bryan, Butler, Bunch, Cooke, Deane, Ellis, Glenn, Hancock, Herndon, Kendall, King, Lawrence, Lee, Martin, Meade, Moore, Napper, Neal, Pendleton, Powell, Ritchey, Riddle, Savage, Scott, Sheppard, Smith, Stanley, Thacker, Tyree, Yelton, Waller, Ware, Winn, and more
    NC- Bennett, Brown, Gatlin, Ivey, Morris, Pulley, Weldon, Whitehead
    KY-Cox, Hall NJ-Gould

Thumbs up Native Surnames

There are Tyree in the Monacan Nation and Hancock, cherokee Bunch , Moore,

I have seen 90% of your surnames on Cherokee , Creek , Monacan, and Lumbee
    Rolls

ThunderHawk

Yes, I do have family members on some rolls. That surname list is just partial. Tyree from Hanover and Louisa counties Va can also be linked to Catawba, I posted a bunch on that a couple of years back, and my Butler/Cooke lineage, among others, claims Powhatan. I didn't even bother posting the lineages that trace back to Delawares, Maidu, and Hawaiian, since they're kinda out of the scope of this website.

Many folks on this rez have never heard of the Va tribes or Lumbee and think state recognized tribes are frauds. Thats one of the reasons I support you guys, you'll get the respect you deserve.
    VA- Akin, Ballard, Berry, Branch, Bryan, Butler, Bunch, Cooke, Deane, Ellis, Glenn, Hancock, Herndon, Kendall, King, Lawrence, Lee, Martin, Meade, Moore, Napper, Neal, Pendleton, Powell, Ritchey, Riddle, Savage, Scott, Sheppard, Smith, Stanley, Thacker, Tyree, Yelton, Waller, Ware, Winn, and more
    NC- Bennett, Brown, Gatlin, Ivey, Morris, Pulley, Weldon, Whitehead
    KY-Cox, Hall NJ-Gould

Greetings, Thunderhawk. As a fellow Virginian, I fully support the your tribe's bid to finally get the recognition that should have come 400 years ago. I also hope with great hope that we will see a commemorative display on the State Capital lawn in the near future. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Greetings, Thunderhawk. As a fellow Virginian, I fully support the your tribe's bid to finally get the recognition that should have come 400 years ago. I also hope with great hope that we will see a commemorative display on the State Capital lawn in the near future. God bless.
    Thank you for your Support Call you congessman Moran , and web Ouaoi mani

My family surname is branch. We know they are native american but cant find any information. All were born in warrenton, nc. Please contact. My ggrandfather was known as big red.