Thread: photo of My Indian Aunt in Anson County, NC

Photo of My Indian Ancestor in Anson County, NC

This is a photo of my Indian ancestor (Ggrandmother's sister Darnetta Bennett Owens). I just recently obtained it. She was born in the late 1800's and died in the early 1970's. Here she is sitting on a porch in the small town were my family hails from in Anson county,(Morven) NC. Most of my Grandma's people were nearly full Native Americans. Names associated with this line, Ashe, Johnson, Bennett.

Shoshone

Born and raised in Mecklenburg Co., VA but now reside in Northern, VA
    Thanks for sharing :-)
    God's Child----Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

Indian Ancestor Photo

You are very welcome!

Shoshone

This is a photo of my Indian ancestor (Ggrandmother's sister Darnetta Bennett Owens). I just recently obtained it. She was born in the late 1800's and died in the early 1970's. Here she is sitting on a porch in the small town were my family hails from in Anson county,(Morven) NC. Most of my Grandma's people were nearly full Native Americans. Names associated with this line, Ashe, Johnson, Bennett.

Shoshone[/QUOTE]

My Native uncle Ira owens and his wife of Anson county. Son fo Darnetta Bennett Owens in previous photo. I reposted it here because the link was broken.

Quote Originally Posted by shoshone

My Native uncle Ira owens and his wife of Anson county. Son fo Darnetta Bennett Owens in previous photo. I reposted it here because the link was broken.
    They descend from the Pee Dee/Chowanocs/Keyauwee Indians of the Carolinas. Darnetta Owens Bennett and her siblings (my Ggrandmother, her sister). Also Descended from the Bennetts line of the Chowanocs from Gates/Chowan County. Many moved southward along with the Reeds into Anson County and Into SC.

Shoshone

Shoshone,

Thanks for sharing your precious family pictures!
    P: Adkins, Anderson, Baldwin (Balden, Bolden), Bishop, Brown, Cole?, Daniel, Gibson, Hackney, Landreth, Shortridge, Sparks, Thomas, Vail, Yates, Hart, Johnson, more to come...
    M: Palasan, Copatina, Deschamps, Crawford, Douglass, Holleman, Seymour, Davis, Covington, Duke, Mastin, Airey, Blackwell, Wall, Blackistone, Smith...

Cool. Thanks for sharing those. Nice looking folks.

RE: Thanks!

Thanks for the compliments. Yes our people were beautiful and will not be forgotten.

Shoshone