PDA

View Full Version : Vaughn Connections

collins
11-26-2005, 06:14 AM
Hello I think my brain has finally decided to skip a few beats or something. I have so many names in my head.

Saj or Bill did you guys see Vaughn in any of the info. for Collins or Johnson?

I keep thinking that I saw Vaughns listed in association with the Collins lines. Either living near them or marrying into them.

I'm sorry I can not remember where I saw the information.
I am a horrible note taker. I can be absent minded sometimes as well.

In searching information out on my lines I keep coming across information on some of everyones lines here on the site and I think my mind is about to splode. lol

One reason I'm asking is because on the South Carolina thread I was posting with Carol and she has Vaughn and Lewis. Both I think are some of mine, but not sure. Seems that I saw a marriage some where with Collins and Vaughn, Johnson and Vaughn or Thompson and Vaughn.

Linda
11-26-2005, 09:21 AM
It seems I've heard the name before here. Have you tried using the search button in the upper right corner?

collins
11-26-2005, 02:52 PM
It may have been on another geneaolgy site that found that info. I'll have to back track. Thanks Linda

wvaram
11-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Collins,

My 2nd great-grandfather Andrew M. Vaughan married Tennessee George who was a daughter of jane Collins. Jane Collins was a grandaughter of Meredith Collins. That is how my Vaughan family connect with the Collins family. There are a few other people on this forum that are also descendent of Meredith Collins.

collins
11-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Sometimes I am looking at so much information that I think I post it or take a note down and then later discover that I didn't and have to track it down all over again.

wvaram,
That may be what I was thinking about, but I thought that I had seen another Vaughn connection some where else as well. Sorry, I guess I lost that one. If I come across it again I will post here imediatly.

collins
11-26-2005, 04:54 PM
http://www.combs-families.org/combs/assoc/jeter.htm

This could be what I was talking about.
This information lists Vaughn and Evans selling lands to each other.

wvaram
11-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Collins,

I am related to some of the Vaughans mentioned in that link namely Cornelius and Elizabeth Vaughan who's daughter margaret Vaughan married William Jeter. Could be that we have a connection somewhere there.

Vivian Markley
11-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Well, I am searching for Vaughns. I really have no proof of my Vaughn's except for my gggggrandmother Lydia Vaughn married Nathan Blevins in Greene Co Ky 1802. According to research that has been passed on to me by reliable researchers it appears her family is Thomas Vaughn Sr and Ruth of Mecklenberg, Va. Siblings are Jane, Mary, Henry married Jane Bell, William m Nellie Skaggs, Lottie m Peter Scott, Joanna, Reuben Hezekiah m Charlotte Despain, Ginny m Jacob Smith, Thomas Jr m Margaret McCommas, and Ruth m Alan Montgomery. Thomas Sr father may be a William.

I would really love to know more about any of these people. I think that this Thomas is the same Thomas that is with the Skaggs in Russell Co late 1700. I wonder if they are connected to the Vaughans with proven "mulatto" documents.

wvaram
11-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Vivian,

This is a great site to go to and research Vaughan ancestors. It is

Http://www.Vaughan-vaughn.org/newlists.htm

BlackCoyote
04-26-2014, 01:40 AM
Hello I think my brain has finally decided to skip a few beats or something. I have so many names in my head.

Saj or Bill did you guys see Vaughn in any of the info. for Collins or Johnson?

I keep thinking that I saw Vaughns listed in association with the Collins lines. Either living near them or marrying into them.

I'm sorry I can not remember where I saw the information.
I am a horrible note taker. I can be absent minded sometimes as well.

In searching information out on my lines I keep coming across information on some of everyones lines here on the site and I think my mind is about to splode. lol

One reason I'm asking is because on the South Carolina thread I was posting with Carol and she has Vaughn and Lewis. Both I think are some of mine, but not sure. Seems that I saw a marriage some where with Collins and Vaughn, Johnson and Vaughn or Thompson and Vaughn.

Hey... I am not sure about the connection, but I have found VAUGHN's on my mother's side through our QUALLS-DANIELS line... My 6x Grandmother was Keziah VAUGHN (b. 1705 in Halifax County, NC)... her spouse was my 6x Grandfather John Corlew (b. 1700-1761) ... Keziah's parents were John VAUGHN (b. 1679-1751) & Elizabeth BULL (b. 1676-1751)...